Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

ME

ME
My eyes draw the picture of a bird flying,
My ears hear the sound of the humming bird,
My skin feels the warmth of the sun,
My nose smells the lilies in the spring.

But hold on what is it that tells me
To sore high; higher than a bird can,
To sing a song in the dry autumn,
To bring light wherever there is darkness,
To spread fragrance all the way I trudge.
To bear all the thorns that stand on my path
And still smile like a rose.

It is this feel that my ‘soul’ brings to my body.
It is this soul that is ‘ME’

1 comment:

  1. i once wrote a poem like this but I think the feeling was a little different. I penned it keeping more of her in my mind rather than myself but in entirety it too was ramblings of my inner feelings without any conscious considerations.

    ReplyDelete